Friday, November 18, 2011

Mui Ne Trip (Vietnam)


The story began when couple months ago I was trapped in a small country named Vietnam. So, I started looking for some exciting places here to visit. Then I found something different here (whereas the others only mountainous and beaches area). This place called Mui Ne. What is interesting for me is the Sand Dunes (I never went to Africa before so I thought if I went here, at least I know how it feels being in a desert).

Mui Ne located in Phan Thiet province, which is 198km from Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC-the capital of Vietnam). So it's around 4-5 hour if u travel by car / bus. Since there's a lot of open tour bus that travel to here every hour. Better use Mai Linh Express or Kumho bus. Price is around VND 110.000 per person (about $5 or IDR 50.000). Don't take the cheap one (small travel bus), only go with the trustworthy one. Unless u want them to drop u off somewhere else before u arrive in Phan Thiet *based on my experience T_T, will post it later*

One of the famous attraction in Mui Ne is the Red Sand Dunes and White Sand Dunes. So our trip this time to Mui Ne is actually just to visit them. So if u're looking for more information regarding the fishing village in Mui Ne, Fairy Stream, etc, u might stop reading. More about Mui Ne, visit this link.

We depart from HCMC about 12pm, and arrived at Phan Thiet around 8pm (should be 5pm, don’t ask me why --“). We took a taxi to Mui Ne which is 20km from Phan Thiet -just around 30 minutes. (can also use public bus to Mui Ne from Phan Thiet, just wait at Coop Supermarket for the bus that goes to Phan Thiet). It cost around VND 180.000 for taxi, and 8.000 VND per person by public bus.

Finally, after a long long journey, we arrived in Mui Ne! Yayy \^o^/ After checked-in at Nam Hai Hotel- which is not as good as the photo in the website- we walked along the street (as far as it seen, there’s only one long road along the coastline). There are a lot of bars and seafood restaurants, also some resort that located in front of the beach.

The first thing I did soon we got back to hotel was set my alarm at 4.30am. I don’t wanna miss the sunrise from the Sand Dunes. Hey, I can make it! I got up early in the morning, get ready and rushed to the Red Sand Dunes first (have i said before that there’s 2 sand dunes, Red and White?) Okay, once we got to the Red one, it's crowded already. 

my footprint *big grin*
See picture above ? Yes, that's 5.30 am. I thought it was too crowded, so although the view is beautiful, we can’t really enjoy it. So, we rushed to White Sand Dunes. With only a little information about the direction from the internet, finally we got there! Fiuhhh.. *Almost give up* It took about 1 hour by motorbike to get there (can also rent a jeep but a bit expensive :p). But soon we got there, waww.. it’s really beautifulllll... *lost of words* U can really enjoy ur self there, riding a boogie, sand-sliding, whatever u want.. Coz not so much people there. 

Note : Remembering that I’m not a good writer, so I won’t write a lot stories about the Sand Dunes. The pictures tell it all (but i think my pictures not tell it all :D, so blame on my iPod Touch... lol  -as I said before, i’m not a real traveller, with a big camera hanging on my neck). For those who wanna knows the direction to Sand Dunes, just drop me a message, will tell u the detail then. Coz if i tell it here, soon the readers will click the ‘x’ button at the right corner of the page.

 The White Sand Dunes (looks red also? actually not)
Hey, it's me!! 
 Well, this is not me :p
taken from somewhere in the internet, just for comparison :D *blame on my iTouch again*

1 comment: